Thursday, August 25, 2011

And it came to pass...

Dallon is getting close to one year on the mission.  He is still excited about doing missionary work and truly loves the people that he is serving.  His letters recently have been full of concern and gratitude for the members and investigators in his sector.  He is anxious about the changes that are coming in the near future.

"Oh Wow!  That is so weird to think that you are all starting school again!  I can't believe how fast time is flying by.  That is so great that things are starting up again.  The good news is now that your summer is ending, you can give it to me! ha ha  No more freezing cold days and nights.  However, I have a feeling that I will like the winters here more than the summers...It's going to be sooooo hot!  I am not looking forward to it."

"Another week in the mission field has come and gone.  We had three investigators that all went to church and are progressing.  We should be seeing more people in the chapel, if Elder Gomez and I are allowed to stay the next change together.  President is going to talk with us next Friday.  I really don't want him to take us out of this sector."

"We also went to get Elder Gomez's patriarchal blessing.  The Patriarch spoke with us and I actually learned a lot about patriarchal blessings.  My blessing is soooo cool!  Lots of people have been sharing their blessings with me and I just love how the Lord knows each and every one of us so well.  Our patriarchal blessing is given to us for the eternities.  Mine has so many blessings in it...while some have many warnings and counsels.  I guess I'm just learning to love my blessing even more.  Elder Gomez really loved his blessing."

"A lot of members have been giving me gifts.  I am grateful for them, but at the same time, I don't know how to thank them.  Hermano Pallauta made me a big leather burned picture of Christ.  It is really awesome.  Another family, that is getting sealed in the temple, bought me a whole bunch of incense. ha ha  It was cool.  They want to invite me to their sealing and always make me feel special.  They are really excited to go to the temple."

"We are teaching a lot of investigators right now.  We have about five that are really progressing, but only three that are going to church.  Hopefully, they will continue strong in spite of all that is going on here.  My stomach gets tight thinking that we will be taken out and that they won't be able to be baptized.  The Bishop will get back the middle of September.  Church has been really good.  I gave a talk yesterday about the Restoration.  I thought it was good for the investigators.  Oh, a really cool thing happened too.  We shared with a menos activo and the spirit was sooooo strong!  She cried and we sat there listening to the spirit testify for five minutes!  Elder Gomez said that he never felt the spirit so strong in his life.  This lady came to church yesterday and it was awesome."

"Elder Smart is doing well, and Elder Adair, Hollister, and Mahoni, as well.  I almost never eat fruit or veggies unless the members give them to me.  We have markets, but we aren't allowed to go to them, so it will be hard for me to get a picture for you. ha ha  The weather has been clearing up and it's been warmer, so for that reason I am happy."

"Anyway, that was my week.  I hope it will be more bright and happy this week. ha ha  You are always in my heart."

Elder Dallon Smith