Monday, June 20, 2011

The Lord's Time

Dallon spent another week hanging around the pension.  His companion is slowly getting better.  Although they haven't been able to do as much, the work is still progressing.  They are excited to have 4 baptisms scheduled for the next two weeks.  President King shared this scripture in his last email to Dallon:  D&C 12:8, "And no one can assist in this work except he shall be humble and full of love, having faith, hope, and charity, being temperate in all things, whatsoever shall be entrusted to his care."  Dallon is learning about patience and has had a lot of time to reflect this week. 

"I finally got the package with the camera!  I am so happy!  I am using the gloves and socks and ohhh man, I am in heaven.  Thank you so much!  "

"We had another sick week, so I really don't have much to tell you except for the fact that we were able to leave a couple times to do appointments and the Lord has blessed us so much!  We were able to place 4 baptismal dates!  Whoooo hooooo!  I am so happy!  Estrella and Alexander are going to be baptized next Sunday and Francisca and Marilia the week after.  They are all so cool and I am excited for them!  "

"Yesterday, I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting mostly about Elder M. Russell Ballard's talk.  I talked about charity and it was really powerful.  I shared a story about Dad and what a great example of charity he is to me.  I feel like I am getting closer to the ward members.  The other day, a family gave me a really cool scarf and slippers.  It was really nice of them.  I learned so much about people this last week and am so grateful that the Lord has let me be a part of their lives.  I just know that the Lord truly loves us and I want to show him that I am doing my best.  I am learning that this whole mission is about love.  I love the people here because I know that they really are my brothers and sisters.  I love my companions even though sometimes it can be hard.  Most of all, I love my Heavenly Father.  I know he knows me better than anyone else and helps me to be a better person.  Because of this love, I can serve others and help them to realize that he loves them too.   It has been a bit hard at times, but I feel good about how the spirit has been guiding me to act and behave.  I just love that I am learning so much and that the Savior is right here beside me.  He is always helping me. "

"Everything has been pretty boring, but good too.  I am excited for the future and all that is going to happen.  Thank you for all your prayers on my behalf.  I love you all so much and think about you often.  I know I have the best family in the world! "

Dallon also sent a message to his Dad for Father's Day.

"You have taught me so much Dad and I hope that you know just how grateful I am for you and your example.  You have always supported me and just let me be me.  I am grateful for that and for the lessons that I will always have because of you.  You really are the best Dad that I could have asked for.  I want to be just like you.  Thanks for raising me in this gospel.  That is the greatest gift that you could have ever given me.  Growing up and learning the gospel principles has helped shape me for eternal life.  Thanks for never wavering and being a strong father.  I know that you went through a lot of hard times in order to raise this family.  Thank you so much for the things that I know you've done and for the things that have gone unnoticed.  I love you and will always be proud to call you my Dad.  I hope you had a good Father's Day. "

Elder Dallon Smith