Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

The end is getting close and Dallon is really feeling it.  He is going to end his mission in Talagante with Elder Holton as his companion.  They are working hard and are a great companionship.  There is still work in progress and Dallon says that he wants to end strong.  There were a lot of changes in his Zone this time.

"Almost half of our zone has changes.  Elder McBride is now going to be a Zone leader.  We will be receiving a lot of new missionaries.  It's exciting, but my heart is starting to freak out!  I only have a change and a half left!  It's messing with my emotions.  It's like I can't have a long term vision, only short term.  I know there is a time for everything, but I like this chapter of my life."

"I had interviews with President King.  It was good and basically I just gave a big informe about the sector, my companionship, and the Zone.  It was really cool and President told me everything that was going to happen in my Zone.  He also asked my opinion about a few things.  He told me that I would be ending my mission here in Talagante with Elder Holton.  It's strange to hear that.  It's like there's nothing else to look forward to.  It's all coming to a close.  I feel like an effective missionary and would have liked to feel this way at the beginning of my mission.  It's been such a journey and I don't want it to end."

"We have the best friend of Tity who is changing so drastically that it is blowing my mind.  She took the decision and she is sticking with it.  Her family is Evangelica and are way upset with her and might kick her out of the house.  She is going against all odds.  Her friends are ditching on her and her family won't even greet her.  She has felt the spirit so strongly that she says she can't deny what she now knows.  She is going to have Elder Holton baptize her.  Tity is doing awesome.  Everyone is jealous that she is my convert because she is kicking trash!  Aside from the fact that she spoils me to death, she is the secretary of the Relief Society and a branch missionary.  She is super converted and is working so hard.  It's so fulfilling for me to see how strong her testimony is."

"Marina got baptized!  Whooo hooo!  She was super happy and also has a strong testimony of the gospel.  She is 100 percent sure that she is doing the right thing.  It was my honor to baptize her.  She went down, but a lot of her stayed above the water.  I had to use some force and she kind of freaked out because she thought she was going to drown. haha  Luckily, I was able to do it in one dunk.  We laugh about it now, but I got entirely soaked while doing it.  It all turned out really well.  Her son felt the spirit so strongly that he has decided to be baptized.  We have set a baptismal date for him for the middle of July.  At the baptism, Elder Holton and I sang, "The Spirit of God."  It was so powerful.  The Lord definitely knew what he was doing by putting us together.  Also, it's been raining like crazy again, but I like rainy baptism days.  We even got to see some rainbows.  I'm sending a picture of Elder Holton carrying my across a street that was flooded.  He has rain boots and I was sure to take advantage of them. haha  We have fun together."

"I feel really blessed right now.  We have a lot of great investigators.  Well Dad.  Just want you to know that I love you very much.  I am so proud to be your son and I always want to reach your expectations.  You're the best Dad and you make me want to be a better person.  You inspire me with your humble example and quiet councils.  Thanks for all the sacrifices you made for my happiness.  Thanks for being you.  Don't worry about me.  I am doing well and this is the best time of my life.  I hope that things will continue to get better and better, even after the mission.  I am going to trust in my Heavenly Father.  He is real and he loves us so much.  The Lord will provide for us and everything will work out.  We just need to keep trying to be our best selves and have a positive outlook.  There is nothing too hard if we stick together in this gospel.  Have a great week!"

Elder Dallon Smith

Elder Holton, Marina, and Elder Smith

Marina's baptism day
 
Elder Smith hitching a ride