Monday, January 30, 2012

Trust in the Lord

It was another happy week for Dallon.  He is seeing the results of hard work with two baptisms.  He continues to learn and grow so much in his relationships with others and especially the Lord.  His zone had another p-day at a zoo and so the letter was another short one. We never did get the pictures that he was trying to send, but we did find some from Elder Holton and Elder Opazo.

"This email will be a quick one because we just got back from another zoo called Buin Zoo, which is one of the biggest zoos in South America.  It was such a blast, but I am pooped and feel like I am half falling asleep right now.  I wish I could tell you everything about a week that felt like a year itself.  I have never grown so much or so quickly.  It was a great week."

"We had two baptisms!  Alexis was baptized by Elder Salines on Saturday.  It was a beautiful baptism and I was so happy for Alexis and my companion.  The familia Barrueto came to the baptism and brought Elder Opazo!  It made it so fun for me.  They talked and showed me so much love.  It was one of the best days in the mission.  I will never forget it.  Then that night, Jose chose me to baptize him the following day on Sunday.  It was an incredible experience and I baptized two kids from that family.  The Dad also asked for an interview with the Bishop because he wants to be baptized now.  How incredible is that!  Aside from that, the familia Barrueto came to that baptism too. haha  They are such a great support to me."

"I had divisions with Elder Mackie again.  It was fun as usual and we had Tim Tam Slams again that night. We also had a zone conference where I got to hang with Elders Smart, Holton and Izelo.  I learned a lot and felt like the lessons were all aimed for me.  The zone leaders gave the classes and they would pick me to participate in almost every single one!  One of the classes was on companionship inventories and Elder Salines and I were the examples. haha  It was funny."

"Other than that, the week was just full of getting ready for the baptisms.  It was a lot of stress, but a great week.  I hope that we can continue working hard.  We are obedient and able to work together for good.  I'm so grateful for the many blessings I received this week.  I cannot thank the Lord enough.  Sometimes, I feel like Peter walking on water.  Sometimes I have doubts, but if I just close my eyes and walk forward, somehow I know that the Savior will always be there.  I know that everything is going to work out if I continue forward on his path.  Maybe it is the same for all of us.  We just need to learn to be obedient and trust in the Lord."

"Thank you for all your letters and support.  I know that they worked miracles this week.  I pray for you every morning and night.  I am trying to send some pics but this computer is having problems!  I'll do my best.  I took a lot this week. haha"

Elder Dallon Smith

Maipu Zone Conference (Dallon is 2nd row middle)

Elder Opazo's post mission visit

 Mission Son and Father