Friday, January 27, 2012

Staying the Course

Dallon's letter was mostly full of personal thoughts and responses to the family.  We feel it has been difficult for him to know that he will have changes next.  He is concerned about the members and converts that he will be leaving.  He has five people with baptismal dates that he knows he won't be there for.  He is trying to stay optimistic. 

"This week went pretty well.  I had divisions with Elder Sauceda.  We had a good time and it was a nice break for both of us.  We went and bought Chinese french fries to have for a snack.  They are weird, but delicious!  I also went on divisions with Elder Thomas again.  It was fun to see just how far we have come since the beginning of our missions.  There was a long leadership meeting in the morning, so we were kind of tired the rest of the day.  The leadership meeting was fun and I got to see a lot of good friends.  Elder Holton and Elder Hallstrom hung out with me.  We ate a ton of pizza and listened to how we were going to have a better mission."

"On Tuesday we had a crazy experience.  Elder Salines and I were walking to an appointment, when a member father pulled up beside us in his car and was yelling at us to get in.  We hurried and jumped in and his son was in the front seat just screaming and there was a lot of blood coming from his mouth.  The dad asked us to just please give him a blessing.  I got out the aceite and started the blessing, but it was out of control because the dad was driving like a mad man and yelling at everyone to get out of the way.  We were rolling around in the car trying to keep our hands on the boys head.  I tried to comfort him after the blessing, but he had lost 4 teeth and one was twerked around in his mouth.  He had an accident with his new bike that he got for Christmas.  I felt bad for him.  We got to the hospital and they rushed into the emergency room.  We were stranded, but soon found a colectivo and were able to make it back to our appointment.  It was crazy! haha"

"The familia Barrueto came to church with me again yesterday.  They want to move to my new sector.  I pray that the Lord will take care of them.  They gave me hugs and and told me to keep going strong.  I am so grateful for them.  They do so much for me."

"I like reflecting on the example of Christ.  He was always loving and self sacrificing.  He loved and still loves us so much.  The atonement truly is our greatest gift and we should think about it every day.  I am grateful to have a knowledge of the Savior.  He lives and he has provided the ways for us to be happy forever.  Have a great week!"

Elder Dallon Smith