Monday, November 14, 2011

I'm Me Because of You

Dallon seemed really happy this week.  He said that this week was, "not too interesting...full of work...and for that reason...full of happiness."  He is completely lost in the work and loving it.  Next week will be changes again.

"This week was definitely not a slow one.  It went by faster than I can even wrap my head around.  I am happy about how things are going and we have had a lot of success.  It's weird to think about having a slow day back home.  That seems like such a different world to me.  The day when I have nothing to do will be the death of me.  The mission is definitely where I am suppose to be right now.  The mission makes me feel a lot different.  I know that we are protected and that I won't feel the same after the mission.  This time is going by too fast."

"A lot of people around here are getting sick too.  I luckily am feeling better and we've been well.  A funny story is I've been teasing a member that she is the one that got me sick because she gave us yogurt and cereal the night before.  She was mad at me for saying that, but it was fun to tease her.  Now her glands have swollen up and she is the sickest she's ever been! haha  It's horrible, but kinda funny.  I told her that the Lord always protects his missionaries or at least gets back at the person who got them sick! haha"

"It's been hot but nothing more than I can handle.  Lots of people give me Coca Cola every day. haha  It's a good thing I'm here because the members take really good care of us.  I am starting to tan a bit and get my raccoon eyes.  This ward is so attentive to me.  I'm serious, any little thing I have going on is a subject for these people.  This last week was over my elbows being too dry. haha  They bought me some lotion and made me exfoliate them with lemon and sugar...it actually worked, but at the same time, I hate having to worry about how I look.  I also started combing my hair to the side and parting it. haha  I like it because it makes me feel like such a goody goody missionary.  It's great and I've inspired a lot of missionaries to change theirs too. haha"

"My week went by really well.  I went on divisions with Elder Sauceda and we contacted a lot.  Elder Sauceda is really funny.  He made me laugh so hard.  We yelled "alo" at a house and a little boy came to the window.  We waved at him, but then Elder Sauceda got all dramatic and began waving like a crazy and blowing kisses and stuff.  It was so funny and I didn't expect it from him.  He is a really cool missionary.  He grew up without a dad.  They are a family of five and he had to drop out of school to take care of his siblings while his mom worked.  They have always had strong testimonies and he was able to come serve a mission!  I love the incredible people that I get to meet.  It makes me grateful for all the blessings in my life.  Some of these missionaries have gone through hell to be here.  I love them a lot."

"This week we taught Ana.  She was ready for her baptism interview and passed with flying colors.  She is so excited for next week!  Rosa is doing wonderful and I love her family.  Yesterday, I called her in the morning for church and she said that she was on the way, but almost the whole meeting she didn't show up.  I was nervous because I was worried that something had happened.  I was praying and thinking of her the whole meeting.  At the last three minutes, I looked back and saw her sitting at the very back row.  She smiled and looked at me.  Afterwards, she told me that she tried her best but only made it for the end.  The members really helped us to help her feel comfortable.  I don't ever want to leave this ward.  I want all my converts to live here because I know that they will be taken cared of.  We have a family home evening tonight with a family that is also progressing.  It is with our new leader missional, Hermano Huenchur.  He is a stud!  He and his wife are young and returned missionaries.  I love getting to work with them."

"Today we had a district activity where we made pizza for Elder Mackie and Elder Gonzales's birthdays.  It was fun.  I also gave a class in zone meeting.  I am getting better at giving classes.  I spoke about obedience and just drove it in. haha  It makes me feel good when people like my classes.  I also felt good when my district met their goal of 70 contacts this week.  I'm so proud of them and glad that they are all doing their part to have success.  It was a really good week!"

"Go enjoy everything during these holidays.  Make it special for me by looking for opportunities to serve.   I'm everything I am because of you.  I want you to know that whatever happens, that I love you with all my heart and am grateful for you every day.  I am proud to be a part of our family and think about it every time I put on my nametag.  I'm me because of you.  Have a great week family!"

Elder Dallon Smith