Monday, October 10, 2011

Farewell Elder Opazo

Changes are happening.  Elder Wilcox is leaving and Dallon will be training again.  He will be joined by a new Latino companion and will have the opportunity to attend the temple again.  It is always a special treat to be able to go to the temple.  His letter was short this week because there is a lot to get done before changes.

"The biggest news came Saturday night when I found out that we would have changes!  I will be staying here as a District Leader and will be training another Latino companion.  This last change went by so fast.  It's hard to believe that it's already over.  Elder Opazo seems to be pretty proud of me though.  I guess I brought him great posterity. haha  I am really excited that I get to go to the temple again though.  I can't wait!  Tomorrow will be a great day because of that."

"This week we went to a 50 Years in Chile special conference directed by the Chilean Presidency.  I am excited for the Celebration.  Everyone seems to be freaking out because the stadium is small and people from all around Chile, as well as returned missionaries from the states, are all trying to go.  They're afraid that it's going to be a mad house. We get to be a part of the missionary choir and have reserved seats, thank heavens! haha  We will be singing, "I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go".  I think that it will be a great experience.  I'm glad that I get to go!  We have a rehearsal on Friday and then we will have the Celebration on Saturday.  It'll be a fun week."

"Elder Opazo is going home today.  We got to see him one last time and eat Chinese together.  I can't believe that he is going home.  He wrote me a really nice letter and I will definitely miss him.  He really wants to meet you all one day.  He really loves you.  I think that you are the first family that made him feel loved.  I learned so much from him and am grateful for all that he did for me."

"We are teaching a little girl named, Ana, and she has a baptismal date for the 23rd.  I am excited for her.  My next companion will have a baptism right away."

"Divisions with Elder Gonzalez went by fast because we had a cosechon.  That's where all the missionaries work in one sector to get a lot of work done really fast.  Afterwards we tried to visit an investigator with the hermanas, but she never showed up.  The division flew by and we were never able to teach a lesson together.  Half of my district got changes, so I'll be able to get to know a lot more people.  I am sending a picture of the whole district.  They are a great group of missionaries and I love them all."

"Thanks for all that you do.  Love you and will be thinking of you!"
 

Elder Dallon Smith

Gathered for Conference

Elders Wilcox, Smith, Silva & Opazo

Maipu Zone

Dallon's district