Monday, October 17, 2011

50 Years Celebration!

Chile Mission's 50 Years Celebration was the highlight of this week.  We were fortunate to be able to watch it live via the internet on Saturday.  It was a beautiful program and lasted over two hours.  Dallon had a wonderful time meeting up with old friends and MTC buddies in neighboring missions.  What a great time to be a missionary!

"This week was so busy and we were able to enjoy a lot of great times.  We have some great missionaries training this change.  We all went to the temple and I was with Elder Fuhriman almost the whole day.  It was a lot of fun and yet I had a lot on my mind.  I was glad to be able to just go to the temple to recenter and refocus myself.  I did really well in the Spanish session and soaked up every minute that I had.  I stayed in the celestial room for a long time and it was a really great experience.  I just prayed and listened."

"Anyways, changes came and my new companion is Elder Izelo from Puebla, Mexico.  He is the middle child, likes soccer, likes classic rock, Dad was a bishop, and has a cute older sister. haha  He is cool."

"On Saturday, we got to go to the Celebration!  I was so excited because I wanted to see all the missionaries and sing and it was something that I had been looking forward to.  I was responsible for getting my district there.  We all met up at the metro and eventually made it down to the tunnels.  We all pulled together and made the journey.  It was quite the adventure and I am grateful for my district.  I love them so much!  We made it to the stadium and I got to see all my old friends!!  Elder Petersen, Mace, Barlow, etc. and of course, Elder Tialavea and his brother.  We all took a lot of pictures together and I had such a good time.  I was so happy to see them all.  We were in the section closest to the stage about 12 rows up.  After the event a lot of the members went looking for their missionaries.  The ward from Diagonal all came and found me!  It was funny when all the young women saw me they screamed and everyone was like, "Whoa that Elder better watch out!" haha  They were all girls from Diagonal and 2 of my converts.  They all participated and it was really good to see them.  The Barruetos waited and looked for me and cried again when they saw me. haha  It was soooo good to see them.  Then by a miracle, a member was able to drive my companion and I home and we arrived about midnight.  However, I had to stay up until around 1:00 am to make sure that all my district made it home safe.  It was such a great experience.  I loved every second of it and it turned out so well.  The spirit was strong.  Elder Tialavea found me and introduced me to his brother.  We took a picture together and I am so grateful for his friendship.  His brother was just like, "He talks about you all the time, man." haha  They are both so cool.  I am lucky to know them."

"We will probably baptize Ana on the 29th.  We had to move it back because she has had a busy schedule and it has been hard to find her.  We are looking for new investigators and I am praying that the Lord will bless us as we move forward with faith.  I hope that we keep up our animo and patience and that we can pull through and do the Lord's work.  Pray for me!!  I love you all.  Stay you and take care."

Elder Dallon Smith

Welcome Elder Izelo from Puebla, Mexico

 Great Trainers this change

MTC Elders Cummock, Smith, Petersen, Mace, Birch, & Mason

Elder Smith with the Tialavea Brothers

Elder Smith's sons, Elders Izelo and Gomez

Fun times at the celebration

The Diagonal Young Women with Elder Smith

The loving Barrueto family and old companions