Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Facing Challenges

Dallon's letter was short this week.  He had to write a report to the mission president which took up some of his time.  He says that times are challenging and that the ward is dealing with some difficulties, but it was still a successful week for contacting.  He and Elder Gomez taught 24 lessons and have the opportunity to attend the temple again with some of their new converts.

"We have been teaching a lot of members and have found a few new people to teach.  I am excited about the progress that we are having.  We taught 24 lessons this week which is really good.  We also had a noche de talentos that was awesome!  Lots of people went and we were able to bring a lot of less active people.  It was so fun and exciting!  I recorded it all for you.  It was a little miracle."

"Also, one night we were late so we ran home and I lost my name tag.  In the morning I said a prayer in my heart and, out of nowhere, I spotted it in the mud.  I don't know how I would have found it.  It was amazing!  It is really cold here and it has been raining really hard and we are all freezing!  Sadly, I lost one of the gloves you sent me too...I'm sad."

"Elder Gomez is great!  His first name is Alfredo and he is from Tacna, Peru.  It is in the south.  His mom and brother are members, but his dad is not.  He is having some nightmares that I am trying to comfort him about.  He is a little nervous and his testimony needs some strengthening.  Sometimes he says he feels like he needs to go home.  I'm helping him out and he has already come a long way.  Elder Gomez has great faith and is progressing really fast.  I am trying my best to fortify him and teach him.  He respects me and helps me out too.  We make a good team together."

"I was also able to get Estrella, Francisca, and Cynthia interviewed to take them to the temple this week!  Now Elder Gomez and I get to go to the temple again on Tuesday!  I'm so excited!"

"Anyways, we are doing fine.  There are a few things that are making me stress, but I know the Lord is with me and will help me out.  Sounds like everyone is still in the summer business.  That's fun and I'm jealous of you all...ha ha.., but not that much.  Thanks for everything.  I love you all and you are always in my heart.  Have a great week and talk to you soon."

Elder Dallon Smith