Monday, June 4, 2012

Knowing Him

We love Dallon's letters.  His weeks are so full of interesting experiences.  He writes that he has a little cold again, but that he is doing fine.  The ward is taking really good care of him and stocking him up with Vitamin C.  He tells us that one sister even went and bought a juicer so that she can make him drink natural fruit juices.  These are such kind and loving people.  We don't think he'll ever want to come home. 

"This week was pretty crazy.  First of all, I had divisions with Elder Mlazgar.  We worked hard and had a legit day.  We taught 4 investigators, found 2 new investigators, and did contacts.  The whole day I just went super missionary mode.  I was in the zone! haha  At the end of the day, Elder Mlazgar was like, "Wow, that was one of the best days I've had in my entire mission."  We talked a lot that night and I got to know him much better.  It was cool."

"After divisions, we had concilio.  President King had to do an interview on Thursday night, so he took us to Maipu in his car.  I also got to talk to his son, Scott, who just barely got off the mission.  We talked about Kyler Morris.  He was the little brother of the main guy in Aida.  Anyways, they had served in the same mission in Concepcion and I guess they had a lot of success together.  We got along really well and it was cool to get to know him.  We talked to President for about a half hour about a lot of the things going on in our Zone.  I think it is safe to say that I'll probably die here in Talagante with Elder Holton.  President kind of told us without meaning to.  It was fun to be with him and he reminds me so much of Dad.  Concilio of course was fun.  I got to talk to Elder Smart and Elder Wheelwright because we had to stay over.  Elder Holton and I did a good job with everything we presented and I felt really comfortable.  If you notice in the concilio picture, I am super tall. haha  Elder Lewis and Elder Clark were holding me up.  I think it's so funny.  We all had a good time.  We had tasty hamburgers and apple crisp with vanilla ice cream.  That made me miss home.  Remember Dad's apple crisp that he would always make? sooooo good! haha  Coming home was rough because I was feeling really sick and couldn't breathe.  My lungs were killing me and it stinks being packed on a small bus standing up along with the polluted Santiago air."

"Marina still is super sick.  She should be able to be baptized on the 16th.  We're praying for the best.  We are really focusing on finding new people to teach.  We have a few that are progressing, but we need some more.  Yesterday was a legit Sunday.  Talk about blessings..!  First, I was asked to confirm Francisca, so that was a cool experience.  It was fast Sunday and every single one of our converts were there.  They all have testimonies of this gospel.  Nora gave her testimony and she gets up and says, "I was recently baptized, but I want everyone to know that I feel and know that this church is true."  The spirit was so strong that I got all emotional.  Then Paloma gave her testimony and it was so cool.  Bernadita also got up and she gave the funniest and most honest testimony I have ever heard.  She is so blunt and I love her personality.  She said, "I tell you what.  I know this church is true, but it is dang hard to pay tithing!" haha  Then she says, "You all need to be supporting the President instead of being big lazies!" haha  It was hilarious and she is so awesome.  After church, President Arancibia called us in for a small interview.  He just vented to us and we were able to give him answers.  He was very emotional and just needed someone to listen and reassure him.  Even Presidents need spiritual help and strength.  The mission leader also got up and bore his testimony and talked a lot about us.  He said that these missionaries really do work and they work hard.  He called us real missionaries.  It was a huge compliment and I felt so full of love yesterday."

"A funny thing that happened is, Tity was teasing me because she always calls me, "Prince".  Well, she told me that, for lunch, she was going to give me a pig and a feast.  I thought it was just a big joke, but she really did buy me a pig's head! haha  It was so disgusting, but really funny!  Tity also brought us cookies and milk again for Sacrament and Nora brought us a bag of goodies and juices.  Everyone makes fun of us because we are babied so much.  It's great! haha"

"That about sums it up.  I'm working hard and things are getting better and better.  I am happy and well.  I'm glad that I have all of you in my life.  The gospel continues to fill the earth one contact and/or one family at a time.  I love the mission.  There is no where else I'd rather be.  It's so hard, but I have learned and changed so much.  If there is anything that I've learned is that we can change.  There is nothing about us that we can't change.  It doesn't mean it will be easy, but it is possible.  I'm grateful for my Savior and for the forgiveness he offers me and how he inspires me daily.  I love knowing him.  I love you all so much."

Elder Dallon Smith

On divisions with Elder Mlazgar

A feast for a "Prince"

Hamburgers at June Concilio

Notice Elder Smith is super tall!


Elder Smith's face is hilarious!

At concilio with Elders McDougal and Calditaran