Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Start of the Frost

This was our shortest letter in a long while.  P-days can be exhausting with so much to do.  Dallon never mentions why he is so tired, but we think that three hours of soccer might be the reason.  Work hard and play hard is the missionaries' lot.  It's a great life!

"The week was really crazy and long.  I am really tired and I can see that it is going to be another long crazy week.  It's better to just take it day by day.  The baptism went really great.  It was a spiritual meeting and they all made it into a big extravaganza.  There was a musical number from the Relief Society and then afterwards a feast.  We had some of our investigators go that really felt the spirit.  Paloma and Tity were both really emotional along with their family members.  Baptisms are always cool, but man is it a lot of work getting people there.  We work so hard to get the baptism ready and then it is over in a half hour. haha  I know it is actually for eternity, but boy it sure is a lot of work to get somebody dunked.  My favorite part of the baptisms is when afterwards the converts share their testimonies.  I think that is when you feel the most joy.  Because of the baptism, we placed another baptismal goal with a lady for May 26th.  I hope that she and her son will reach it."

"It's getting cold here.  We're already starting to feel the beginning of the frost.  Oh boy, here we go!"

"There was a really big temblor in the middle of the night that was like a full minute long.  I guess there was another mini earthquake here.  It was one of the biggest ones I've felt."

"I still don't know what the plans are for Mother's Day.  I can call on the 13th, 14th or 15th.  I'm not really sure where we are going to do it.  The internet places don't really have private web cams, so we will have to see what happens.  I'll start asking around for a good server."

"Hopefully in the next 3 or 4 weeks we will have three more baptisms.  They are all progressing really well and are excited to be baptized." 

"I love you all.  Sorry this email isn't very long, but I am pooped. haha  Have a great week!  Talk to you soon."

Elder Dallon Smith

Tity and Paloma's baptismal day