Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Time Allotted

Dallon received his trunkie papers and had to make sure that they are processed correctly.  We enjoyed being able to talk back and forth in real time by email to finalize some information.  It is always a great feeling to know that you are at the same place in time.  Dallon is only two hours ahead of us now after daylight savings took effect on Sunday.

"Thanks for all the trunkie info.  It's crazy that we are getting this already!  Don't worry, I'm not trunkie.  I'm giving everyday all that I've got.  There is still a lot to accomplish and I know that everything has it's time and will work out the way it is suppose to."

"The biggest event of the week was the baptism of Juan David and Catalina.  It wasn't the most smooth baptism, but the important thing was that the ordinance was performed.  There were a lot of things that got on my nerves and that I am hoping to improve.  I always want baptisms to be special and not just thrown together."

"My class last week, called the Talatud, was waaayyy good.  I really killed them. haha  I was really direct without offending them.  I told them that there are two options; to be clowns or to be missionaries, and it was now time to choose.  It was really strong and I felt the spirit.  I feel good about the things I said because it needed to be said.  We are working with obedience and I am determined to succeed.  I'm gaining the confidence of the zone and they know that I'm here to help.  I think that things are going to be great.  It's just going to be a process."

"Yes, I did go to Santiago once again.  I went there for a leadership conference.  It was good and long as always.  It was good to see some of my friends.  I also heard from a lot of members from Rinconada that sent me greetings.  It was cool.  I was disappointed that we weren't picked to give a class.  Oh well, it was a nice break."

"Now about some of our investigators.  We have a mom, of a member, who never would accept the missionaries, but something about us hooked her.  She says that we were the ones saved for her.  She loves the church and already has a testimony.  She can hardly wait for her baptism on the 24th.  It is cool because she is good at recognizing the answers of God.  There is also a new family that we are activating and they have a daughter who is not a member.  She is one of Catalina's best friends, so she is excited to follow Catalina and also be baptized.  That family has a whole bunch of people that could be potential baptisms.  There is another lady who is pregnant and not married.  We have been teaching her and get along really well with her family.  She is the only one that is not a member.  She also wants to be baptized before her baby is born in May.  There are a few others that are coming along, but we just need to find the right time to share what they need.  There are a few eternal investigators as well.  I'm just praying that we will be able to help these people progress.  There is so much potential here, so I am excited!  I love it when there is so much work that we can't even finish it all in the time allotted.  It makes things so much more interesting."

"This week we also had an activity in the church where we watched the Joseph Smith movie.  It was pretty fun.  The crazy part is, we had 40 sisters that went and 2 men with the sacerdocio.  It's sad that the sacerdocio (priesthood) is weak here.  The sisters are really where the strength is.  We definitely have some work to do.  I also gave a talk yesterday about testimonies.  I had one of those moments where I could see how far I've come.  I'm glad that I can speak Spanish and that the Lord can use me as an instrument to serve.  It's cool to see how much the Lord has blessed me.  I am really happy right now.  I want to preach the gospel in all parts of the world! haha  I know that the relationships I have here will bless me for the eternities and it is something that really has worth now and after death.  I'm grateful for you and thanks for letting me come out on the mission.  I don't know where I'd be if I wasn't here.., lost, that's for sure.  I want to be the type of missionary that when I come home, I will still be so converted that I will fulfill all of my duties as a priesthood holder.  I want to be the person that God sees in me."

"It's always fun to know that life goes on even though I'm not there to experience it with you.  I miss you all so much.  I was thinking that I'll come home and we will all be happy for one week and then everything will go back to normal again. haha  It's kinda sad and happy.  I think sometimes the things that have the most worth are small things.  Moments that we look back at and just laugh or just chillin' and doing nothing together. haha  That's where true happiness is..; not having to do anything and being with the people you love.  Anyways stay strong and stay you.  I love you and think about you everyday.., but not in a trunkie way. haha"

Elder Dallon Smith

Catalina and Juan David's baptism day

Catalina and Juan David's family

A force to be reckoned with!

Elder Rubert and Elder Smith