Monday, February 13, 2012

Zone Leader

Changes are here again and Dallon has been made a Zone Leader.  He finds out tomorrow where his new area will be.  He has some mixed emotions and would like to be training again, but he is going forward with faith.  It is wonderful that he is able to leave Rinconada with another baptism.

"It's crazy that it's almost Valentine's Day.  I didn't even realize it! haha  The mission can really make you lose track of time.  This week went by quickly and for that reason I am grateful."

"Yesterday we had Jacqueline's baptism.  During the week things were a bit sketchy and I was thinking, I don't know how everything is going to work out.  Yet somehow, the Lord just took it from our hands and walked her into the waters of baptism.  She really loved her baptism.  The best part is that she bought a new modest dress to wear and it was really cool to see that the gospel was truly changing her.  She asked me to baptize her and it was awesome."

"I think you are right.  I don't know what is happening with me but I realize that I have gotten skinnier.  I've actually lost weight.  I am eating way more than ever before and I am doing exercises every day.  I weighed myself the other day and I have lost weight since my first area on the coast.  I hope I don't have a worm or something! haha jk!"

"Yes, I have changes.  President called me to be a Zone Leader.  It's cool, but I was really hoping that I would be able to open up a new sector and train again.  The idea of being a Zone Leader doesn't seem too appealing to me.  I know the Lord has a divine purpose in all things and that he will use me where he needs me.  I think it will be a good experience.  I really learned a lot this change.  I'm grateful that the Lord taught me how to get along with someone who is far different from me.  It makes life interesting, right?"

"Anyways, that was basically my week.  The familia Morales Gutierez came to visit.  They wrote me a letter that was awesome and really made me feel good.  I am so grateful for them.  That whole ward has been such a blessing.  They will always be special to me.  I'm glad that I got to know a lot of great people here.  I'm ready for what the Lord has in store for me in a different place.  I hope he will help to guide me in all things and to enjoy these last months while I am here.  I am ready for the next part of my mission.  It's more than likely that I will end my mission in my next sector."

"You are all my greatest blessings.  Thanks for all that you do.  Stay strong, go to the temple, read your scriptures, and pray as a family.  I love you very much!"

Elder Dallon Smith

Elder Smith and Jacqueline

Jacqueline's baptism day

The Morales Gutierez family's visit to Rinconada

Proof that he does eat!

Elders ??, Smith and Mackie at the Buin Zoo

Taking time to ponder?

The three amigos: Elder Silva, ?? and Smith