Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Time to Prepare

It was a short letter this week.  Dallon tells us about his new companion and is busy getting him acquainted with the area.  He feels that his time is coming to an end in Rinconada and is preparing for the change.  We are so grateful for Hermano Huenchur, the ward mission leader, who was kind enough to send us a picture of the new companionship.

"The biggest news is my companion.  His name is Elder Salines.  He is from Uruguay and is 23 years old.  His mom passed away when he was 5 and he lived in Spain for 3 years.  He has a funny accent and has been in the mission for 6 months.  He is doing great and has already had 9 baptisms.  He really is all about work and we have been getting along.  It is almost positive that we will only have this one change together.  Other changes are, we now have Elder Chavez in my district and Elders Lewis and Fearnley came to the zone.  Elder Thomas became a zone leader with Elder Silva and Elder Smart was called to the office.  They are all fun and really cool, so it should be a good change."

"This week I really don't have much to say.  I've been getting to know Elder Salines and he has been getting to know the ward.  We had a noche de hogar with a family and watched a video about a family of converts that lost a daughter and ended up getting baptized.  It was made in the 80s.  The movie really impacted me and made me a little emotional.  The little kids made fun of me. haha  It just reminded me how grateful I am for the gospel and that no matter what, I will always have my family.  There are so many people that don't know that.  It would be the hardest thing to not have one of you in my life.  The greatest blessings in my life is the gospel and my family.  If I can keep those, than I will always be happy.  It gave me more animo to go and spread the gospel."

"I do feel like I've accomplished a lot on the mission and yet there is so much more that I would like to do.  I have really been trying to study hard and get the spirit stronger.  Sometimes, you can get lost in not thinking enough about the Lord or the spirit.  You really have to work to focus on having the spirit close.  I just want to find peace in him and that is what I have been trying to do.  Elder Silva asked me to give another class at zone conference.  They are always assigning me to do it.  I am excited and getting pretty good at giving classes."

"There are 20 newbies coming in next change and President is going to open some sectors, so I hope that I'll train again.  That would be fun, but we will have to wait and see.  Pray for me to have patience and that we can continue to be successful.  I can't wait to finally hug you all again.  Have a great week and I will be carrying you around in my heart."

Elder Dallon Smith

Elder Salines and Elder Smith