Thursday, October 28, 2010

MTC Week 7

Dallon is mostly responding to our letters this week.  He shares that his days are really busy and seem to go by so fast.  He is working hard and enjoying the friendships he's made.

"After 6 weeks we're still learning lots of Spanish and are now applying grammar rules.  I still have so much I need to learn but without a doubt, I have already learned a lot.  I am not the best teacher but I can get my point across.  Elder Peterson is a really good teacher and knows how to use scriptures really well.  We always get told that he has all the doctrine and I've got the burning testimony.  We're a pretty good team and I'm glad that he is able to answer some of the hard questions that I don't know.  It's cool seeing how even in "mock lessons" the spirit is there.  I just want to get to Chile and start learning and making a difference.  I'm grateful for my experience in the MTC but I am READY!  Elder Peterson and I have been getting along great.  It's funny how the Lord helps you to see people in a different light.  Our experiences  together helped us to help a companionship in our zone.  We were able to share how we are so different but that we can still get along.  The Lord truly works in ways you don't expect.  I love it when I can look back and say "thank you for that Heavenly Father".

"I am enjoying the MTC.  I have made some really good friends.  Being a zone leader has truly been a blessing.  The missionaries are calling me "cayado" meaning brother-in-law because they all want to go home and marry Tori. ha ha  It's just a joke but they always call me family and go out of their way to do extra cool things for me.  I feel so blessed for the people that the Lord has placed in my life."

"I went to the temple today and had an awesome time.  I had a Spanish temple worker talk to me for a whole hour and take me into the baptistry.  I have gotten to know a lot of people at the temple because Elder Peterson and I always go and do service there on Tuesday mornings.  We fold clothes and stuff.  Anyways they have been talking to me about the movie "Secretariat".  I thought it was funny because you guys also mentioned it in your letters.  I want to watch it when I get home. ha ha"

"I had a really scary experience this week.  I was called to the front office!  It made me have an anxiety attack because usually you get called there when there's a problem at home or something bad has happened!  I was freaking out and just praying that my family was ok.  They made it sound really urgent and that I needed to get there asap!  We ran down there and it turns out that Lauren had dropped off a package for me at the front desk!  Boy, was I relieved!  ha ha  So I am extremely grateful that you are all well this week."

"oh, thanks for the scriptures.  I love the book of Alma.  I also love what I have been told over and over again here at the MTC.  You don't have to be the smartest or the best at the language to be the best missionary.  I love that because I've seen the Lord use me even though I am not the smartest missionary in my zone.  I love this gospel and I love serving a mission.  I am hoping to get my travel plans this week.  I actually had a nightmare that I came home!   Thanks for everything and I love you all so much!"

Elder Dallon Smith