Tuesday, October 5, 2010

MTC Week 4

Conference was the highlight of Dallon's letter this week.  It was a wonderful experience for him and seems to be all he can talk about.

"This weekend was thee best weekend at the MTC ever!  Conference was honestly an experience that I will never forget.  It was so nice being able to leave the MTC compound.  I got to see our hometown again!  It made me miss home so much.  I miss just driving home from Provo and it felt like I was dreaming on the bus.  It was funny because Matt and I were sitting next to eachother, so it felt like we were just coming home from a high school choir performance.  Matt and I are not the same height, so to sit next to each other at the conference center he had to stand a little on tip toe and I had to bend my knees.  We're conspirators! ha ha  We were so lucky to be able to sit by each other.  While I was backstage, I was able to meet Elder Quintin Cook of the twelve apostles.  Cool right?!  He looked at me and said, "hello".  I wish the Prophet would have come backstage!  Seeing Dad and Jake honestly made my night.  I noticed some missionaries pointing and asking one another, "who is that?".  I looked up and to my amazement it was Dad and Jake!  Dad, Jerone, and Riley Richards were waving their arms and Jake was doing some kind of dance that reminded me of cousin Tayler.  I was so excited and wanted to run up and give them all a huge hug!  It was cool to get to see my family.  I wasn't embarrassed one bit.  We were told not to make a fool of ourselves on the stand and only wave.  It was tough.  It was so good to know I was in the same room as my family."

"General Conference makes the MTC more fun.  Usually we have classes all day on Saturday, but I got a break from everything and left for downtown at 1:30 pm.  I loved it!  We were gone for half the day.  It was so much fun.  We left early so we weren't able to watch the second session on Saturday.  I would say that my favorite talks were President Uchtdorf's about pride and Elder Holland's about counting your blessings.  Overall, they were all good and it made for the best weekend I have had so far.  On Sunday night we had a fireside all about music.  If there is one thing that I have learned here is how much music affects my life.  I love the power and the spirit that music brings.  I know I always have a prayer in my heart because I am constantly singing in my mind.  Music gets me through the day and makes things bearable."

He expresses his love and gratitude to his family. 

"Just wanted to thank you all for being such a big part of who I am today.  There are so many things that I am grateful for and I know that none of it would be possible without the parents I have.  I can't imagine life without you.  I wish I could fly home everyday and then come back and do the Lord's work.  Having a supportive family at home makes all the difference for me.  I am so jealous that you get to be together all the time.  My favorite memories are of us just being ourselves and hanging out.  Thank you so much for your testimonies that you let me build upon to find my own.  There's one thing I know that I won't ever be able to doubt, that I do have a testimony of this church and the gospel.  I know that Heavenly Father lives and loves us and wants what's best for us.  Ma and Pa, thank you for sacrificing so much for me.  I've learned so much about what really matters to me, YOU.  I love my family more than anything in this world.  Thank you for never giving up on me and always directing me to choose the right.  Please know that I am grateful for all that you do and have done for me.  I couldn't have asked for a more perfect family.  Doing sealings in the temple taught me so much about how important my family is.  I miss and love you with all my heart."

Elder Dallon Smith